Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Here is a card I made using one of the free photographs I found on the Internet. It is very simple and takes very little time to make. Maybe I should say "it takes very little time, the second time around." Sometimes I spend hours getting a card together the first time, but can make a similar one in just minutes the next time.


Pick a cardstock and find some vintage looking papers for the background. Cut a piece 1/4 to 1/2 inch smaller than the card, center, and glue. This card was made before I had a Cricut so I used a template to cut out an oval from the photograph and then cut a bit larger one with deckle sizzors. I found the flower in an old box of wedding finery and cut the red leaves from an autumn leaf branch from Wal-Mart. I printed "Happy Anniversary" on the computer and cut it out, and highlighted the edges with a black marker. There is a little pen work around the edges of the vintage look paper. I used dots and dashes and a few xoxoxo sometimes.


Make one of these. You will have so much fun.


Drop by again. I'm always looking forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment