Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wee Glastig from Ach-na-Creige Fairy Necklace


After I finished a series of books about Scotland, I wanted to create something Scottish, different, fantastical, and fun.  I found literature about this wonderful little creature and decided to go from there. 

This wee Glastig is seldom seen except at the bank of a stream, and is oft engaged in washing. She is a shape shifting creature also known as the green maiden. Usually this illusive creature is described as a beautiful woman with dusky or gray skin and long blonde hair. Her lower half is almost always covered by a long, flowing green robe.

I have restored this vintage key somewhat, leaving just enough rust to give it character. Over the base of the key I have wire wrapped a charming silver fairie crescent face with lovely leafy hair. To keep this little maiden feeling at home I have given her a greenish peacock freshwater pearl, a leaf of her favorite watercress and lovely green bubbles of glass. She is held in place by swirly silver wire. The 14 inch silk & cord necklace is complimentary. This little lady would also look lovely on a silver chain of your choosing.

For Sale on my Etsy site.

No comments:

Post a Comment