Thursday, March 10, 2011

Once Upon A Time

I'm so excited to introduce my newest line of jewelry called "Once upon a Time". I'm delving deep into my stash of treasured watch/clock faces and turning loose of a few to make these elegant pendants. Each is embellished with a vintage rhinestone piece and accented with crystals or pearls. The bezel is created by shaping and hammering wire to hold the watch dial in place, and also to compliment the over-all design. I just love the lyrical way the wire holds everything together.


Since this is my first piece, I hope to improve my technique over the weeks to come.  There just isn't enough time in the day to bend wire!  As soon as the hubby leaves for his exercise class at the Senior Citizens, I race to my studio, back bedroom and begin the work fun.  How is it that some days, I can complete 3-4 pieces, and other days I spend all day and have nothing new by night time?

3 comments:

  1. I'm speechless...this is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am commenting from Brazil. Love your pieces. ]And your blog is also very interesting. Love ya, BJ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, I don't see one thing that you need to improve on. I love your use of wire in your beautiful jewelry. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete